What is PEMSoft?
PEMSoft is a worldwide medical reference system, online clinical library and multimedia decision support system addressing acute and chronic illness and injury conditions in children from newborn to young adult. Founded in 2003 by Dr. W. Robert Pitt and Dr. Ron Dieckmann, PEMSoft has highly linked and searchable information which is constantly updated by a team of over fifty Editors and hundreds of contributors worldwide.
Used in pediatrics, emergency, nursing, paramedics and general medicine worldwide especially the USA, Australia, UK and New Zealand PEMSoft is available in either US or UK English. PEMSoft provides medical education support including
the 50 Basic Emergency Topics and 50 Top Primary Care Topics.
Content is designed for rapid clinical decision-making at the point-of-care. PEMSoft's navigational approach and search functionality are designed and optimized to enable the clinician to search and find helpful information quickly and move easily from topic to topic. PEMSoft augments the content with thousands of color photos, graphics and videos imbedded in the topics that are instantaneously available. This feature is unprecedented in conventional publications.
PEMSoft includes a formulary with links to appropriate topics, medical calculators, a triage section, quick reference and a toxicology section. The unique and comprehensive resuscitation system "Resus Tools" provides exact drug doses, infusion rates and equipment sizes for children based on the child's length, weight or age.
What people say about PEMSoft:
PEMSoft's physician driven mission:
• To provide point-of-care decision support to clinicians and other healthcare professionals striving for safe and high quality patient care.
• To publish current clinical information, based upon national recommendations and authoritative references.
• To assure electronic information access that is fast, simple, and intuitive.
• To provide physicians and other healthcare professionals the educational tools to teach medicine efficiently and visually.
"Every now and then a new publication comes along that completely resets the standards in its field. PEMSoft is just such an item" Ped Emerg Care, 23(8); 2007
One of the interactive algorithms from the unique PEMSoft Resus Tool module
If you require assistance with accessing PEMSoft please contact EBSCO Publishing Technical Support at:
Sign up for our new newsletter
Testimonials & Reviews
Hot Off the Press!
- Milk scald burns worse than water
- Intermittent Vs. Continuous Albuterol for Asthma
- Octreotide for Sulfonylurea Overdose
- PEMSoft helps in Vanuatu
- Vitamin D Deficiency Increasing
- Stents for Traumatic Aortic Injury
- Status Epillepticus Treatment
- Defining Wrist Sprains
- iPad Winners Announced
- Snake Bite Antivenin